Sales Terms and Conditions
SALES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All sales are for U.S. domestic shipment only.
(a) “Customer” means the user ordering the Product.
(b) “Product(s)” shall mean any hardware sold under these Sale Terms and listed on the Order attached hereto and made a part hereof. “Custom Products” means Products manufactured or configured to meet Customer requirements.
(c) “User Documentation” shall mean the documentation provided by Luna to Customer, in printed or electronic form, relating to the use of the Product.
(d) “Installation Services” shall mean the installation, set-up, test and related services for the Product, as defined in Luna’s current published specifications therefor and described in the Order.
(e) “Order” means that a mutually agreed upon order for the Product(s) based on a sales quotation provided by Luna and a request for Product(s) and/or Support by Customer.
(f) “Software” means one or more computer programs in object code format, whether stand-alone or bundled with other Products, and related user documentation provided to Customer under these Sale Terms.
(g) “Specifications” means specific technical information about Products that is published by Luna in effect on the date Luna ships Customer’s order.
(h) “Support” means any standard service such as hardware maintenance, calibration and repair; Software updates and maintenance; or education and training. “Custom Support” means Support adapted to meet Customer requirements.
2. Shipment and Packaging.
(a) The placement of an Order through the website is an offer to purchase the Product(s) ordered and Luna may accept your Order by processing your payment and shipping the Product(s).
(b) Unless otherwise set forth in the Order, Luna shall select the method of shipment of the Product. The cost of such shipment shall be Luna’s then current area destination charge, and the cost of such shipment shall be added to the purchase price set forth in the Order. If Customer shall desire a different mode of shipment, Customer shall advise Luna thereof, and Customer shall pay Luna any incremental costs associated with such different mode of shipment.
(c) The Product shall be packaged in accordance with Luna’s then current packaging specifications for the Product for the method of shipment selected by Luna, and the cost of such packaging shall be included in the purchase price of Order. If Customer desires or requires (including to accommodate a different mode of shipment) different or special packaging, Customer shall advise Luna thereof, shall assume all liability therefor, and shall pay Luna any incremental costs associated with such different or special packaging.
(d) Luna reserves the right to ship items in a single or in multiple shipments, and Customer will accept and pay for partial shipments of Products.
(e) The Product shall be delivered FCA (Incoterms 2000) 3157 State Street, Blacksburg, Virginia 24060 and thereafter, title to and risk of loss to the Products (except for any Software therein) shall pass to Customer therefor.
3. Purchase Price, Taxes and Payment Terms.
(a) Payment terms are subject to Luna credit approval. Luna may change credit or payment terms at any time should Customer’s financial condition or previous payment record so warrant.
(b) The purchase price for the Product shall be as set forth in the Order. The purchase price, together with all applicable shipping charges, packaging charges, insurance, other special charges and taxes, including any and all penalties, but less any credits or deposits, shall be payable upon placement of the Order. Luna is not required to ship or otherwise provide any Product(s) until it has received the amounts owed to it under the Order.
(c) Customer shall pay all taxes based on or in any way measured by these Sale Terms, the Product, or any Support services related thereto, including any personal property taxes, but excluding taxes based on Luna’s net income. If Customer elects to challenge the applicability of any such taxes, Customer shall pay such taxes to Luna and Customer may thereafter challenge such taxes and seek refund thereof.
4. Installation Services and Acceptance.
(a) Customer shall have the exclusive responsibility for preparing and maintaining the site for the Product, including, but not limited to, providing power and environmental requirements (as specified by Luna), wiring, and communications lines, and for obtaining and maintaining the necessary permits and certifications therefor. Customer’s failure to prepare and maintain the site and to obtain the necessary permits and certifications shall relieve Luna of the obligation of performing Installation Services.
(b) If Customer elects to have Luna perform Installation Services and Luna has received payment therefor, acceptance by Customer occurs upon completion of the Installation Services. Luna shall perform the Installation Services at the facility designated by Customer as soon as commercially reasonably practicable after delivery of the Product to Customer’s facilities. If Luna is precluded from performing Installation Services by applicable law or union contract, Customer may require that Luna supervise others in the performance of such Installation Services and Customer shall bear all costs for the performance thereof.
(c) If Customer schedules or delays installation by Luna more than thirty (30) days after Delivery, Customer acceptance of the Product will occur on the thirty-first (31st) day after delivery. For Products without Installation Services included, acceptance by Customer occurs upon delivery.
5. Warranty; Restrictions on Use.
(a) Luna warrants that, under normal use and service, the Product will meet Luna’s published Specifications therefor for a period of one year after delivery thereof to Customer and performance of the Installation Services.
(b) Luna does not warrant that the operation of Products will be uninterrupted or error free.
(c) If the Product fails to meet the warranties of Paragraph 5(a) and Customer gives Luna written notice thereof during the applicable warranty period, Luna’s sole obligation shall be at its option to correct the failure by repair or replacement. In order to make a warranty claim, Customer shall (1) promptly notify Luna of any defect in the Products delivered; (2) seek and obtain a return merchandise authorization form from Luna; and (3) ship the defective goods to the Luna designated repair location at Customer’s expense
(d) Luna warrants that Luna Support will be provided in a professional and workmanlike manner. For ninety (90) days from the date of repair, Luna will replace, at no charge, defective parts used in Luna’s repair of Products.
(e) The Product may be new or equivalent to new in performance. Luna reserves the right in its sole discretion to include in the repaired or replaced Product Software that is upgraded, modified, or different from the Software originally included with the Product.
(f) Customer’s Product warranty is transferable upon Luna’s receipt of written notification. Such notification must include the serial number, model number and the name, address and location of transferee and the transferee must agree in writing to Luna’s warranty terms.
(g) EXCEPT AS AND TO THE EXTENT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS PARAGRAPH 5 AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, THE PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE, AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS, DATA AND/OR SUPPORT PROVIDED BY LUNA ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND LUNA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF OPERABILITY, CONDITION, NONINFRINGEMENT, NON-INTERFERENCE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, VALUE, ACCURACY OF DATA, OR QUALITY AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, SUITABILITY, TITLE, OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
(h) Luna shall not be liable to Customer for the warranty provisions of this Paragraph 5, if:
(1) Modifications are made to the Product or Software by someone other than Luna and not authorized by Luna;
(2) The Product or Software is subject to misuse or abuse; or
(3) Customer failed to use the Products or Software in accordance with industry standards and practices, failed to use the Products in accordance with the User Documentation, or failed to properly maintain the Products.
(i) No employee, agent, or representative of Luna has the authority to bind Luna to any oral representation or warranty concerning the Product.
(j) Customer shall use the Product only for the purposes described in the Order and Customer shall not attempt, or engage any party to attempt, to reverse engineer, alter, deconstruct or in any way determine the structure or composition of the Product.
(k) Except as expressly agreed in writing by the parties, Customer may not resell the Product (including the Software) to any third party.
6. Proprietary Rights Indemnity.
(a) Luna shall defend or settle, at its own expense, any cause of action or proceeding brought against Customer that is based on a claim that the Product (including the Software) infringes any issued United States patent. Luna shall indemnify and hold Customer harmless against any final judgment, including an award of attorneys fees, that may be awarded by a court of competent jurisdiction against Customer as a result of the foregoing; provided that Customer gives Luna prompt written notice of such cause of action or proceeding and provides Luna with all reasonable cooperation and information in Customer’s possession.
(b) In the event of a claim that the Product infringes any issued United States patent or if Luna reasonably believes that a likelihood of such a claim exists, Luna may, in Luna’s sole discretion, procure for Customer the right to continue using the Product, modify the Product to make it non-infringing, or replace the Product with non-infringing computer hardware of similar capability; provided, however, if none of the foregoing is commercially reasonably available to Luna, it may remove the Product from Customer’s premises and refund to Customer the purchase price less a reasonable rental for past use thereof.
(c) Luna shall not be liable to Customer for infringement pursuant to this Paragraph 6 if such claim is based solely on:
(1) Combination of the Product or Software by someone other than Luna; or
(2) Modifications made to the Product or Software by someone other than Luna; or
(3) Modifications made to the Product or Software by Luna to meet Purchasers’ requirements.
(d) The foregoing constitutes Luna’s entire liability to Customer for the infringement of proprietary rights by the Product or any portion thereof and Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any infringement of any proprietary rights.
7. Customer Indemnity. Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Luna from and against any losses, liabilities, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) or damages resulting from (i) the combination, operation, or use of the Product (including the Software) with products, services, information, materials, technologies, business methods or processes not furnished by Luna; (ii) modifications to the Product (including the Software), which modifications are not made by Luna; (iii) failure to use updates to the Software provided by Luna; or (iv) use of the Product (including the Software), except in accordance with any applicable user documentation or specifications, in each case, by any user, including the Customer. Customer shall not settle any claim unless such settlement completely and forever releases Luna from all liability with respect to such claim or unless Luna provides its prior written consent to such settlement, and further provided that Luna shall have the right, at its option, to defend itself against any such claim or to participate in the defense by counsel of its own choice.
(a) These Sale Terms may be terminated or cancelled by Luna, if:
(1) Customer fails to pay Luna the purchase price;
(2) Customer is in default of any other provision of these Sale Terms and such default has not been cured within thirty (30) days after written notice thereof is given by Luna; or
(3) Customer becomes insolvent or seeks protections, voluntarily or involuntarily, under any bankruptcy laws.
(b) In the event of any termination/cancellation of these Sale Terms, Luna may cease performance of all its obligations hereunder without liability to Customer.
(c) The foregoing rights and remedies of Luna shall be cumulative and in addition to all other rights and remedies available to Luna in law and in equity.
(d) Prior to the date of shipment, Customer may cancel its order, subject to a cancellation fee.
(e) The provisions of Paragraphs 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10(a), 12(c), 13 and 14 will survive such termination or cancellation of these Sale Terms.
(a) Except as the parties expressly agree otherwise, Luna hereby grants to Customer a perpetual, nonexclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software solely in accordance with the documentation provided with the Licensed Software and solely as necessary to use the Products.
(b) Customer may not, and no right is granted to Customer to copy, modify, or disassemble, or permit others to copy, modify, or disassemble, the Software, nor may Customer modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software. Customer shall not transfer possession of the Software except as part of, or with, the Products, such transfer being subject to the restrictions contained herein. Customer may not sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer the Software, except upon Luna’s prior written consent.
(c) Customer acknowledges and agrees that, except as specifically set forth in this Agreement, it does not acquire under this Agreement any rights of use or ownership with respect to any trade names, trade dress, trademarks, service marks, commercial symbols, copyrightable material, designs, logos and/or any other intellectual property of Luna. Customer further acknowledges that the Software, although copyrighted, is unpublished and contains proprietary and valuable information of Luna and is considered to be a trade secret of Luna.
(d) Luna retains all right, title and interest in and to the Software and Customer acknowledges that it neither owns or acquires any rights in or to the Software not expressly granted by this Agreement. Customer further acknowledges that Luna retains the right to use the Software for any purpose in Luna’s sole discretion. Customer will promptly notify Luna in the event Customer suspects or becomes aware of any misuse of the Software or any violation, infringement or misappropriation of Luna’s proprietary rights therein by any Customer or other third party.
11. Sole Remedy. The remedies in these Sale Terms are Customer’s sole and exclusive remedies.
12. Title. Title in and to the Software and the User Documentation shall remain solely in Luna, and, subject to the payment of the purchase price set forth in the Order, Customer shall have a non-exclusive license to use the User Documentation in connection with the Product. Customer shall not copy or disclose to anyone outside of Customer the User Documentation, without Luna’s prior written consent.
13. Trademarks; Use of Name. Luna and Customer recognize that Luna shall be the sole and exclusive owner of all trade names, trademarks and copyrighted materials relating to the Products and its business. Customer shall be prohibited from any use of Luna trade names, trademarks and copyrighted materials without the prior written consent by Luna. Customer shall not use the name of Luna without Luna’s prior written consent, which will not be unreasonably withheld. Customer agrees not to register or use any name or mark confusingly similar to the Luna trademarks.
14. General. Any and all documentation and information made available or disclosed by Luna to Customer shall be treated by Customer on a confidential and restricted basis. Except as expressly set out in these Sale Terms, none of the foregoing shall be reproduced , disclosed to any third party or used for any purpose with the prior written consent of Luna, and shall be promptly returned to Luna upon its request, or upon any expiration, termination or cancellation of these Sale Terms, whichever occurs first.